Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Zebra" Jammies!




Here they are! The flannel "zebra" jammies I've been working on. These have been a fun project and the real challenge wasn't the buttonholes, it was the small, size 4 armhole. After easing (gathering) the sleeve, it didn't want to set in there right. But after adjusting the sleeve a little, it fit perfectly. The pants were very easy because they have an elastic waist and all I had to do was thread it through and decide what size I wanted and then sew the elastic together. I had to remember to tack down the seam allowaces so the elastic wouldn't get caught on it. You can do that by basting or using fusion material.
This was Simplicity pattern # 3987. I buy them online through Simplicity and end up not having to pay retail price. Also, Simplicity doesn't charge shipping on their patterns.
Enjoy your sewing and crafts!
As Always,
Made With Love By Karen

No comments: