Friday, August 28, 2009

Christmas Jumper


This is my latest project, a jumper made out of cotton material with 1 1/2 yards of lace around the hem band. Sorry the picture is a little faded, I'm not a great photograher, but am still learning.
This was only 1 1/4 yards of material and there were several options in the pattern. There is also a hat pattern if you have the extra material, or pants. I had fun putting this together with a 10 inch black zipper and cotton polyester thread. Click on the picture to get a better detail of the print. These fun and easy patterns are available from different sources, but I choose to use Simplicity pattern #5936 with the lace addition optional (not included in the directions). To add the lace, simply attach it as you're adding the hem band and finish following the directions. Happy sewing!
As always,
Made With Love By Karen

1 comment:

Retta said...

What a fun tree pattern! I was able to click on this pic and see the colorful trees. She will look adorable in this...I hope we get pictures of her modeling it!
Good job!
Loretta