Saturday, April 19, 2008

Made With Love

I have traveled many places,
While my fingers danced across the strings
Of my companion - my viola -
How I loved to hear it sing!

Then one day the dancing stopped...
My fingers stilled in crushing pain.
I sat in darkness, never moving,
What was I worth? I cried in vain.

Then I met a remarkable lady...
Blind - needing clothes - who used to sew.
She woke my fingers to their fullest potential...
She challenged me to learn to "know".

"Know" when I could and when I couldn't,
But best of all... at least to try.
Now I sew and bead and quilt...
And I don't sit around and cry.

The time I have is now a gift,
With angels watching on above...
To make a smile on someone's face -
Creating freely and made with love.

4/19/08

Always Made With Love,
Karen

No comments: